Learn how to make the most of the rain in this fun and hands-on 2 day workshop that takes place near a rain forest in Western Ghats !
Serious drought in various parts of the country demands that we develop plans for sustainable water futures. There is a saying that water is the gold of this century. It is the key source of life and human habitation. In this workshop; we will learn to be eco-warriors and conserve water for our future.
Date : 2nd & 3rd August 2019.
The location of the workshop is in a Forest resort in awe-inspiring Kodachadri in Western Ghats which currently receives amongst the highest rainfall in India yet suffered a severe drought this summer. You will have some time to explore the trails and treks in the forest.
In this hands-on workshop participants will learn the fundamentals of active and passive rainwater harvesting systems. By the end of the workshop we will have Developed a concept plan for rain water management for a site with complex topography and redeveloped a garden into a rain garden.
Topics to include:
- Overview on Sustainable Water Futures & Indigenous ideas for water conservation
- Rain water harvesting & Techniques of site assessment and integrated system design of rainwater harvesting earthworks, rain tanks, greywater & Landscape features
- Nature based design to manage water
- Best water management practices
- Passive Rainwater Harvesting Earthworks & hands on activities to create earthworks and rain gardens
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Architects, Community Organizers , NGO’s, Urban Planners, Technicians, Policy makers, Civil engineers, Students, Educators, interested individuals
Hands-on workshops, Keynote Lectures , Case Studies .
This includes course fee , accommodation for 1 night and all meals for 2 days.
Dormitory : 5500
Twin Sharing : 6500
Single Room : 8500
HOW TO GET THERE
Address: Paradise Wild Hills Resort Kollur Kollūru India, Kodachadri Road, Gowrikere, Nittur, 577452
There are direct Trains & Buses from Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Trains from Mumbai- to Mangalore – MANGALORE EXP -#12133 or MATSYAGANDHA EXP#12619 & Get off at (BYNR)MOOKAMBIKA ROAD
- Direct Buses From Bangalore to Nittur
For more information and registration, FOLLOW THIS LINK.
Inspiring Architecture and Design Stuff
in your inbox
Subscribe for FREE, and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Try again?