Learn how to make the most of the rain in this fun and hands-on 2 day workshop that takes place near a rain forest in Western Ghats !
Serious drought in various parts of the country demands that we develop plans for sustainable water futures. There is a saying that water is the gold of this century. It is the key source of life and human habitation. In this workshop; we will learn to be eco-warriors and conserve water for our future.
Date : 2nd & 3rd August 2019.
The location of the workshop is in a Forest resort in awe-inspiring Kodachadri in Western Ghats which currently receives amongst the highest rainfall in India yet suffered a severe drought this summer. You will have some time to explore the trails and treks in the forest.
In this hands-on workshop participants will learn the fundamentals of active and passive rainwater harvesting systems. By the end of the workshop we will have Developed a concept plan for rain water management for a site with complex topography and redeveloped a garden into a rain garden.
Topics to include:
- Overview on Sustainable Water Futures & Indigenous ideas for water conservation
- Rain water harvesting & Techniques of site assessment and integrated system design of rainwater harvesting earthworks, rain tanks, greywater & Landscape features
- Nature based design to manage water
- Best water management practices
- Passive Rainwater Harvesting Earthworks & hands on activities to create earthworks and rain gardens
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Architects, Community Organizers , NGO’s, Urban Planners, Technicians, Policy makers, Civil engineers, Students, Educators, interested individuals
Hands-on workshops, Keynote Lectures , Case Studies .
This includes course fee , accommodation for 1 night and all meals for 2 days.
Dormitory : 5500
Twin Sharing : 6500
Single Room : 8500
HOW TO GET THERE
Address: Paradise Wild Hills Resort Kollur Kollūru India, Kodachadri Road, Gowrikere, Nittur, 577452
There are direct Trains & Buses from Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Trains from Mumbai- to Mangalore – MANGALORE EXP -#12133 or MATSYAGANDHA EXP#12619 & Get off at (BYNR)MOOKAMBIKA ROAD
- Direct Buses From Bangalore to Nittur
For more information and registration, FOLLOW THIS LINK.