Co-living, the new lifestyle mantra within the millennial generation; is a form of housing which combines private living spaces with shared communal facilities.
The biggest driving force behind the rising popularity of co-living spaces are the young renters moving to new cities for job prospects who are looking to meet and connect with new people.
Experiences are replacing ownership of assets for the millennials and travel is an important part of their life – be it work related or leisure oriented.
For the millennial population, job mobility is the primary priority and home ownership is secondary. Unlike Gen X, homes are not the same emotional investments as they used to be. Rather, homes are viewed as a consumption product which suits housing requirements in a particular phase of life.
Co-living usually operate on a plug-and-play model that saves tenants the hassle of dealing with everyday household chores and also from the burden of paying frequent utility bills; giving them a lifestyle which is comfortable and with no strings attached.
Can you design a co-living space in such a way that it benefits both –people living in it and the startups running it?
• A home away from home – How can a person’s private space or community space make them feel at home?
• Open yet private – The millennial generation is open to new social interactions yet mostly looking for their own “me” time. Feel the complexity of this dual nature and provide solutions.
• Optimum space utilization – Can you offer the best design facilities within the least possible area? Utilize the space in best way to accommodate maximum people in the building.
• Affordability – Needless to say, the rooms per person should be budget friendly. A lot of you who are living in cities far from your homes would surely understand this.
Reasons why architects should participate in Plug & Play Living:
- First competition in India in association with 6 Co Living companies.
- Win prize money worth 145000 INR + get a chance to execute the project upon interest of these co founders.
- Get recognized by eminent Architects like Paul Moses- (Director- Design & Projects -RSP Architects) Alexis Dornier(Principal Architect- Alexis Dornier Studio) & Pramod Jaiswal- (Principal Architect & Partner Between spaces)
- Top 5 designs will be published in the Design detail magazine & posted on ArchitectureLive!.
- Be versed with the current co living market trends by participating in a competition conducted in partnership with Co Living companies.
- This competition can not only give you prize money but also give you a new carrier path which will definitely be blooming at least for the next 2 decades.
Inspiring Architecture and Design Stuff
in your inbox
Subscribe for FREE, and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Try again?