Urban Leader Retreat 2018 – Vancouver, by The Urban Vision
Join the Urban Leaders Program 2018
The Urban Vision
AUGUST 27 to 30th, 2018
Urban Leaders Program in Vancouver , August 27th-30
This year’s Leaders Study Program on Urban Innovations is in Vancouver which is among the world’s most livable & green cities and scheduled between August 27th – 30th .
The city’s extraordinary success meant that the city’s name itself has come to be known worldwide for a new model for urban living. “Vancouverism” is an exemplary model of planning, sustainability, architecture and engineering. The New York Times explained this phenomenon , “Vancouverism is characterized by tall, but widely separated, slender towers, interspersed with low-rise buildings, public spaces, small parks and pedestrian-friendly streetscapes and facades to minimize the impact of a high-density population.”
“Vancouverism” is now synonymous with tower-podium urban form and human scale architecture interspersed with green space.The city’s much admired urban form is seen as an ideal mix of the tall high density buildings seen in Asia sewn together with the walkability and human scale architecture of Europe.
Here are some highlights of the city’s much touted development model which we will explore:
- Vancouverism : Design of Vancouver-style, tall, skinny high-rise towers set on high street retail / townhouse
- Green City : Eco-Density, Focus on conservation, sustainable mass transportation
- Happy Cities: Design and the science of happiness
- Vancouver’s Granville Island: Setting the standard for urban design
- A model for healthy buildings : Explore building standards that improve physical and mental well-being.
- High-rise, high density inner city urban renewal strategy in the city’s downtown
- Regulatory framework for private developer collaboration in building a liveable city: Common Wealth
- New design typologies for high-rise living
- Inclusive development case study: Woodwards
- Active Transportation: Bikeways , walkable streets and sustainable transit
- Places for People : Strategy towards vibrant and memorable public spaces from plazas to parklets, and laneway art to public squares
- Green Infrastructure : Green Roofs , Rain Streets& Gardens, Eco Swales
About Urban Leaders Program :
Leaders Study Retreat on Urban Innovations is aimed at a select group of senior leaders from India’s Built Environment Sector and features closed door meetings with key Leaders from the host city along with exclusive site visits led by visionaries who led the transformation.
Our previous programs were in New York , London , Barcelona –Madrid , Berlin and Copenhagen.
Listen to some of our participants below:
The program cost is 2000 USD + 1600 USD for accommodation at a 5 * hotel & local luxury coach for local travel . Flight arrangements to be made directly by each participant.
Leaders study retreat 2018.
In Partnership with ArchitectureLive!
You need to login in order to like this post: click here